Translate this Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I can already see Martin Brundle giving Massive Amounts of Live Airtime to the Ruling House of Bahrain

Given that I'm not going to watch the Bahrain GP and I fundamentally disagree with the FIA decision to race there I've decided that I'm going to treat it like a non-championship race which were "de rigueur" in the '50's and '60's.  Therefore, for the purpose of this Blog and for the purpose of the Constructors' and Drivers' Championships no championship points will be scored at the Bahrain (political) rally.

Effectively, in F1 terms, this means that the entire race is without purpose from an F1 perspective and only serves the purpose of the ruling authority and the pockets of those who have provided them with this global marketing opportunity.

While I won't be watching I can already hear Martin Brundle giving massive amounts of live airtime to the ruling house where they can sell their message that everything is OK in Bahrain.  The thought of it sends shivers down my spine.  Worryingly, it may well be the case that Jake Humphreys and the BBC does something similar.

Neither Jake nor Martin are journalists and as such their lack of experience will only serve to provide a platform through which the message of the ruling house can be launched onto the Global stage.