Translate this Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Looking forward to F1 Race Stars™

I've played a few of the F1 series from Codemasters and never really found them particularly fulfilling. Once you've cracked them they cease to have any attraction and you have to wait for and hope that the next years title will provide more of a challenge.  Unfortunately this is rarely the case and the cycle perpetuates.  I stopped buying the F1 (enter year here) series in 2007 because I got bored of it.  A new track brought a new challenge but one track is not enough to sustain an annual series.

That's why I'm delighted to see they're bringing out F1 Race Stars™ which all of the critics are hailing as an F1 challenger to Mario Kart.  I love the idea and am definitely going to pick it up in the expectation that, like Mario Kart, it will give me years of pleasure, resulting from the randomness inherent in the Mario Kart formula, without the need for annual upgrading.

I don't get much time to play video games anymore but this is the kind of game that I can play with my daughter where there's enough going on to keep her interested.

Here's hoping it lives up to the hype!